Staying healthy means making good food choices and exercising every day. Even kids need to learn about nutrition and fitness to take charge of their health. As important as health is, you can still have fun while you exercise and eat well. Learn about fitness, health, and nutrition by playing games, taking quizzes, and having fun outdoors. Play active games with your friends and your family, such as tag, hide and seek, and basketball. Learn about delicious foods that are good for your body. The more you enjoy good health, the better you will feel and the more likely it is that you will choose to stay healthy for your entire life.
- Trainer Game: Take care of special creatures in this game by making sure they eat well and exercise.
- Fact Sheet for Growing Up Healthy (PDF): Playing tag, kickball, or capture the flag are just a few ideas for active games to play outside.
- Indoor Physical Activity Ideas for Kids: Dancing and moving to music is a great way to exercise and have fun.
- Get Moving: Use some of these ideas to inject more energy into your daily schedule. Join a local sports team or pack a picnic to take to a local park.
- Making Physical Activity Fun: Jumping rope, dancing, or playing exercise video games are three different ways you can exercise while having fun.
- Energize Yourself (PDF): Exercise should be fun, so choose activities you enjoy to get your heart pumping.
- Jump-Rope Rhymes and Games: Chanting rhymes and songs while jumping rope can be a fun way to exercise.
- Follow the Leader Relay: Grab four or more friends to play this fun game of tag outside.
- Fun Fitness Games: Find some ideas for games to play to get yourself moving here.
- Crew Strength Training: Train like an astronaut in this strength-training activity.
- The Body Page: This game helps you learn about various body parts such as the heart and the brain.
- Cardiovascular System: Drag different pieces to the puzzle to fit the different parts of the cardiovascular system together.
- Fantastic Anatomy: This game involves placing different organs where they belong in the body.
- Colors, Colors Brain Game: Learn about how the brain sees colors with this fun game.
- Label Bones: Choose the correct labels for different bones of the skeleton in this game.
- The Skeleton: The human skeleton supports the body and protects important organs.
- Know Your Muscles: This game teaches you all about your muscles, which give you strength to move.
- Inner G: Click on different body parts to learn more about them and how they work.
- Body System Word Find: The words in this word-search puzzle are all about the different systems of the body.
- Skin Games: Something to Do: Explore your fascinating skin with these fun activities, such as comparing fingerprints to see that everyone has one-of-a-kind prints.
- Susan Byrnes School: Explore different classrooms in this virtual school to learn about health and fitness.
- Health Hang-Monkey: Guess the health-related words to keep the monkey safe.
- Activities to Promote Healthy Nutrition and Physical Activity Habits Among Children (PDF): Being healthy means staying active and choosing good foods to eat. These activities will help you learn how to be healthier.
- How the Body Works: Immune system cells have the important job of killing invaders in the body.
- LDL-Buster: This game involves busting the bad cholesterol from the body to stay healthy.
- Fruits and Vegetables Around the World: Get all of the important facts about fruits and vegetables that grow around the world with this game.
- Fun Digestive System Quiz: Learn how the digestive system works by taking this online quiz.
- Tissue Invaders: Learn about how germs and bacteria can invade the body by playing this game.
- Conquer Castle Disease: Answer health questions correctly to make your way through a castle.
- All Systems Go: Arnold needs to find his missing body parts in this game.
- Kevin's Build-a-Meal Game: Help Kevin choose foods that he will eat throughout the day, including both meals and snacks.
- Dining Decision Game: Choose foods in this game to see whether they are healthy choices.
- Nutrition Sudoku: Play a fun sudoku game with foods instead of numbers.
- Blast Off: Players need to make healthy food choices to play this game.
- Food Hero: Learn what it takes to be a food hero by choosing the healthiest foods for meals in this game.
- Power Up Your Breakfast: Learn all of the important facts about breakfast and why it's so important by playing this game.
- Food Group Frenzy: This game will teach you all about the different food groups in a fun way.
- Food Balance: This game is all about choosing the best foods and drinks for a healthy day.
- Smash Your Food: Find out what's in common foods and how good they are for you with this game.
- A Healthy Lunch Box: Have fun packing a healthy lunch box with this game that lets you choose the foods you want for a lunch.