Our Fitness Blog
5 Things Every 9Round Rookie Needs to Know
Like a lot of things in life (organizing your closet, writing that thesis paper, tackling your honey-do list…) the hardest part about working out is often times just getting started. The struggle is real. Know what else is real? Gymtimidation. You know, that feeling when the door to the gym weighs about a thousand pounds and your anxiety is through the roof. “What am I going to do once I get in there?” “Everyone’s going to be staring at me.”
Whether you’re new to working out altogether, or just want to a try a new gym, knowing exactly what to expect before you walk in will put your mind at ease and make the door a lot lighter. That’s why we’ve put together this handy list of five things that every 9Round rookie should know before getting started.
1. You never have to worry about running late again. There are no set class times and a new round starts every three minutes. All you have to do is show up and one of our trainers will show you exactly where to go and what to do to start your workout. And since workouts are only 30 minutes, you don’t have to worry about being late to pick the kids up from soccer!
2. You don’t have to know a single kickboxing move. There is no person-to-person contact and you don’t have to have any previous kickboxing experience. 9Round trainers will walk you through every punch, kick, and burpee to ensure you are safely and properly executing each move. But if you want to learn some basics before you get started, check out these videos.
3. There is no such thing as being too out of shape to start. Whether you’ve never worked out before, or you’re a fitness fanatic, you’re going to get a great workout that’s tailored to your fitness level. Our trainers will work with you to modify your 9Round workout based on fitness level, and even any physical limitations that may affect your ability to perform certain moves.
4. You don’t need to go out and buy a bunch of gear. No shirt, no shoes, no service. Wear comfortable athletic shoes and apparel, bring a water bottle and sweat towel if you’d like – otherwise, we’ve got you covered. When you become a member you’ll get everything you need, including 9Round boxing gloves and hand wraps!
5. It’s more than just a gym. In addition to a killer workout, 9Round members get access to 24/7 expert nutritional guidance in an online member portal, including meal planning tips and recipes, and nutritional supplements. Membership also includes a trainer to guide you through your workout and maximize your results. Additionally, you’re getting a community of people who are working toward a common goal and will lift you up as you navigate your fitness journey.
Now that you’ve got everything you need to get you through the door, we’ve got one last surprise. Your first workout at 9Round is FREE! Find your nearest 9Round location and try your first workout today. We’ve armed you with all the knowledge you need to get started, all you have to do now is open the door!