Our Fitness Blog
Sweat Your Way to Healthy Skin!
Are you tired of reading or hearing about how exercising will help you stay fit and healthy? What if I told you another great reason we should choose to exercise regularly is to benefit your skin? Majority of women choose to work out just to lose that extra unwanted weight. We don’t realize that a regular workout routine does much more than keep that weight off, it makes your skin glow… literally!
Here are 9 ways exercising is beneficial for your skin:
1. Natural Glow - Regular exercise boosts blood flow and oxygen to the skin cells that carry essential nutrients which conveys a natural healthy glow!
2. Sweat It Out - When you sweat during your workout your body is cleansed of toxins that can clog your pores; it is a good idea to shower after a work out to prevent bacterial infections that could occur from dirt clogging up those pores.
3. Tone Your Muscles - The more toned you are beneath your skin the healthier your skin will look and feel. For instance, have you had issues with cellulite you can’t get rid of? Unfortunately, there’s no way to eliminate it but exercising will help that cellulite look better! The stronger and firmer your muscles are, the more support the skin will have.
4. Unwanted Acne - Acne is normally caused by an over-production of sebum that clogs the pores. By exercising, you can correct hormonal imbalances that lead to acne. Exercising relieves stress and lowers cortisol levels in the blood, therefore, eliminating the over production of sebum, which can lead to those blocked pores.
5. Stronger Sex Hormones - Getting fit not only makes you look sexy, it also makes you feel sexy by balancing the body’s sex hormone levels, which in turn can improve the appearance of hair, skin and muscle tone.
6. Stress Reliever - Exercise has been shown to alleviate most mild to moderate cases of anxiety, and can quickly improve mood. (Happy mom = Happy home!) ;)
7. Boost of Self-Confidence - “You don’t need to improve your fitness level to improve your self-perception of how fit you are,” says Adrian Taylor, PhD, an exercise researcher at the University of Exeter in England and the study’s lead investigator. He also says, “Our self-worth is directly tied to our energy levels, our feelings of competence and our perceived attractiveness.” To me, one of the best feelings is being able to feel good in your own skin.
8. Better Your Immune System - We all know that white blood cells are cells from our immune system that helps block infectious diseases. Exercising props up our immune system giving our body a boost for more white blood cells. Here’s another interesting fact- working out keeps our lymph system content. When muscles contract during exercise, they put the squeeze on lymph nodes, helping you look less puffy and polluted.
9. Better SLEEP! - New research shows that exercising consistently can lead to better sleep over time. (Another reason not to give up on your fitness!) A good work out during the morning or afternoon will make it easier for you to hit the bed at night, but there are people who simply can’t fit in a work out during the day and their schedule only allows them to go at night, but a 30 min 9 Round work out is all you need!
After doing all of my research, I am even more determined to maintain an active lifestyle. You’re not only working out to get in shape, you’re doing your skin a favor at the same time. So in 30 minutes, I am dripping in sweat, unclogging my pores, toning my muscles, AND preparing my body for a better night’s sleep. Sounds like you can do a lot in such a short time doesn’t it?