Our Fitness Blog
How to Maintain Your Fitness Motivation
We all know that when we first start our fitness routine, we are all pumped up and ready to go. However, as the days, weeks and months pass by, we may notice that our motivation starts to dwindle. We may not be as excited to hit the gym or feel unhappy with the results that we are, or in some cases, are not achieving. It can become discouraging to say the least. Through these dark times, you may start wondering, how can I maintain the same amount of motivation I had when I first started my new fitness routine? Well, I am glad you asked because here are just a few ways you can up your motivational levels.
- Make the ultimate playlist. We all have those songs that make it impossible for us to sit down. So, why not use them to your advantage and make your own workout compilation. You can hit the gym, jog around the neighborhood, hit those hiking trails or dance the night away listening to your own personalized jams. So, turn up the music and get active.
- Spice it up. Doing the same thing over and over can get boring. This is why you may need to change up your fitness routine. If you find yourself less engaged in your fitness routine or not as excited as you once were, then it may be time to start looking into some new fitness classes or workout ideas. So, get creative and start having some fun with your workout.
- Have a set schedule. It can be hectic these days trying to find the time to squeeze in a workout, but it is something that you obviously wanted to do once upon a time. The best way to stick with your fitness routine is to physically set aside a certain time to workout and make sure that you can not find an excuse to skip out on it.
- Take before and after pictures. I know what you are thinking, but no one has to see them. You can keep them for yourself as an excellent way to see how far you have progressed and how much you have achieved. It can be hard for us to see our results by looking in the mirror day after day, but if you have documented picture evidence, it will be hard to deny that you are making progress.
- Reward yourself. Do not be afraid to recognize all the good that has come from your new healthy lifestyle. You deserve a reward every now and then to recognize all your hard work, but you need to try to stay away from rewards that involve food. You could inadvertently undo all of your hard work if you start to binge on all the wrong foods. Try to reward yourself with non food treats such as spa days, a new outfit, a girls night out or some new workout clothes.
- Join an online fitness community. These days many of our lives seem to revolve around the internet, so why not use the internet as a tool to achieve our goals? There are many online communities out there that will help you track your workouts and introduce you to others that have the same goals as you do. You can keep track of your fitness minutes, your measurements, what you eat and how much weight you have lost. By seeing these numbers and getting the encouragement of others, you may find it easier to stick with your workout schedule.
- Revisit your goals. You need to remember why you started in the first place. There was something that motivated you to start working out, and it should still be important to you. So, take the time needed to reevaluate why you wanted to start working out in the first place to help you find the motivation needed to achieve these goals.
It may be easy to start your new fitness routine, but you may soon discover that it is not that easy sticking to it. There are so many demands in our lives that we may become easily distracted and forget about our fitness goals, but we need to learn to recognize these down times and look for those creative techniques that will help us reenergize our workouts and maintain our fitness motivation.