A New Fitness Circuit has arrived in Carmel, Indiana
9 reasons to join 9Round fitness
- A fast, effective full-body workout in 30 minutes.
- Work out every muscle, every time.
- A new station every 3 minutes, Get In Get Fit.
- No class times, equals no waiting.
- High-energy, motivating trainers included.
- Fun and effective workouts that guarantee faster results.
- Workout changes every day, never get bored.
- Burn up to 500 calories in 30 mins.
- Virtual nutrition coach included.
Workouts start every 3 minutes in Carmel, IN - Keystone Way!
30 minute kickboxing inspired fitness classes
9Round Earns a 5 Star Review
Great news 9Round Nation, we just earned a five star review from Laura Williams. She is a writer for the About.com Alternative Fitness site. She wants her readers to know that fitness does not have to be a monotonous or tortuous experience. She keeps busy by investigating new fitness trends that will keep her readers excited about fitness, and 9Round was one of the places she decided to visit. She loved the 9Round fitness routine and is even quoted as saying, “the 30-minute boxing and kickboxing circuit may have kicked my butt, but it left me wanting more. “
The right trends at the right time
Mrs. Williams also felt that 9Round is hitting all the right trends at just the right time. Currently the fitness industry has seen a huge demand for kickboxing classes. It is not just a man’s sport anymore. In fact, in most classes the women outnumber the men four to one. They love the feeling of empowerment kickboxing gives them and the quick results. Shorter, circuit style and high-intensity fitness routines are also hugely popular right now, which is basically the foundation of a 9Round fitness routine. Most people love the fact that they can get quick results while not spending as much time in the gym. It is a great way for many to fit a fitness routine into their busy schedule and still get the results that they want.
A Nutrition Lifestyle… For A Lifetime
9Round Nutrition… This is a true nutrition lifestyle for a lifetime. 9Round Nutrition is not a food fad or a diet. Diets and food fads are disastrous and do not ‘work’; hence, that is why a new one pops up virtually every day. When individuals follow a diet or a food fad, they will not achieve meaningful and sustainable results. Rather, they will simply get “temporary change” when it comes to weight loss. For example, going on a diet and losing 20 pounds and then quickly putting on 20 or more pounds is not a success and the initial 20 pound weight loss is not ‘results’; this is simply change and change is temporary. We want to achieve meaningful and sustainable results for a lifetime and that is exactly what 9Round Nutrition will help assist you with.
No matter what your goals are, whether it is to lose 100+ pounds of body fat, to become a world champion athlete or somewhere in between, there are three key nutrition principles that we want to outline in order for our goals to become a reality.
#1: Eating Frequency: we want to be sure to keep a very high eating frequency all throughout the day as this will help to stimulate our metabolic rate. All too often, when individuals are trying to change their body composition, the thought becomes “eat less.” When individuals adopt this and start to eat less frequently, they will disrupt the balance of blood sugar, insulin and serotonin in their bodies. This can lead to food cravings which then leads to overeating and binge eating which of course then leads to body fat and body weight increase.
#2: Nutrient Timing: what keep this simple… Feed the body immediately upon awakening and then every 2.5-3.5 hours thereafter all throughout the day. This is where eating frequency and nutrient timing joined forces. Keep in mind; food is fuel for your body. If body composition change is your goal and no matter how overweight you may be, the food is not your enemy; food is your friend. Food is the fuel for our brain and body.
#3: Macronutrient Balance: if we were to ask most individuals what the key is in order to reduce body fat and weight, most would have a response such as, “just eat healthy” or “just eat clean.” Well, eating healthy is not the key to success. Sure, we want to and need to eat healthy in order for our goals to become a reality, but just eating healthy does not work. We all know what healthy foods are… Fruits, vegetables, whole grains, etc. So, if it were just that easy, well, it would be that easy. Here is a big key to success; we have to cross the bridge from the world of eating healthy… Into the world of “eating right.” These are two completely different worlds. In order to eat right we have to be sure that the balance of carbohydrate-protein-fat at every meal/snack is properly balanced. As a general rule, here is our goal at every meal/snack… 40-55% calories from carbohydrate; 15-30% protein; 15-30% fat. Now that you have these numbers, start to log your meals and snacks and there’s a very good chance, even if you are eating healthy, that you’re probably not eating right. Here’s a perfect example… Take a look at all the crazy food fads and diets that instruct the user to cut out carbohydrates (never, ever adopt one of these food fads or diets). A staple meal for dinner when it comes to these diets is all the same, silly verbiage like this, “for dinner, be sure to have a lean protein and vegetables.” Okay, let’s say we do this and we have a grilled chicken breast with vegetables. Sounds like a perfect meal, right? Well, this meal is nothing shy of a train wreck in the making. Remember what we said earlier, food is fuel for the brain and body. This “healthy meal” is going to provide zero fuel for the brain and body. Protein and vegetables? No way-we need some complex carbohydrate (and no, vegetables are not carbohydrates) and some dietary fat in order to balance out this meal and create the proper macronutrient balance. Let’s take this healthy meal and make it right… Keep the vegetables; they’re good for us of course as they provide vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. Reduce the chicken breast by 1/2; most likely, this was far too large a portion of protein. Add a side of carbohydrate such as rice or pasta and let’s add a slice of avocado for some dietary fat, BOOM! Now we are on the right track.
As you start to make the nutrition changes above and really start to adopt the 9Round Nutrition lifestyle, in time, you will find that your energy levels will be higher and more stable and you will find that your food cravings will be reduced.
Enjoy the fuel! Sincerely, Rick, 9Round Nutrition Coach
Dr. Rick Kattouf II
2x Best Selling Author
Named one of the World Fitness Elite® Trainers of the Year
- See more at: http://www.9round.com/blog/a-nutrition-lifestyle-for-a-lifetime/#sthash.4lrP21as.dpuf
What Mrs. Williams loved about 9Round
There are many reasons Laura Williams fell in love with the 9Round fitness routine. She likes that there is always a trainer with you that plans and walks you through each of your workouts. It is great to have someone there to ensure that you are performing each move properly and cheer you on. 9Round’s trainers can easily slow or speed up the pace or add in extras to your workouts to make it appropriately fit your fitness level and help you quickly achieve the results that you want. The workouts are only thirty minutes long and there are no class times. You do not have to worry about scheduling in a definite time for your workout. Any time you have an extra thirty minutes you can just walk in and hop on at the next station.
Things you should know
Mrs. Williams reminds her readers to remember that 9Round is a franchise, and while the system is developed at corporate headquarters, there may be a few differences at each independent franchise. The owners and the trainers of each gym are different, and they may have some different effects on your visit. You may prefer one trainers style over another. However, on the plus side, since 9Round IS a franchise, you can rest assured that you are most likely getting the same workout quality at all locations, since each owner goes through an intense four day Training Camp, learning how to correctly operate their location before they open. When we are focusing on our health and fitness needs, we want to feel comfortable and sure that the person we are dealing with is highly certified and qualified to teach our fitness program.
Overall, Mrs. Williams found the 9Round fitness routine to be fun and effective and fully worth her five star review. She recalls being exhausted after each round, but because she was constantly moving and trying new exercises throughout her workout, the burning in her muscles was just a little bit easier for her
to take. If you would like to find out more about Mrs. Williams’ 9Round experience feel free to read her entire articlehere.
How To Maintain Your Fitness Level
We all know that when we first start our fitness routine, we are all pumped up and ready to go. However, as the days, weeks and months pass by, we may notice that our motivation starts to dwindle. We may not be as excited to hit the gym or feel unhappy with the results that we are, or in some cases, are not achieving. It can become discouraging to say the least. Through these dark times, you may start wondering, how can I maintain the same amount of motivation I had when I first started my new fitness routine? Well, I am glad you asked because here are just a few ways you can up your motivational levels.
- Make the ultimate playlist. We all have those songs that make it impossible for us to sit down. So, why not use them to your advantage and make your own workout compilation. You can hit the gym, jog around the neighborhood, hit those hiking trails or dance the night away listening to your own personalized jams. So, turn up the music and get active.
- Spice it up. Doing the same thing over and over can get boring. This is why you may need to change up your fitness routine. If you find yourself less engaged in your fitness routine or not as excited as you once were, then it may be time to start looking into some new fitness classes or workout ideas. So, get creative and start having some fun with your workout.
- Have a set schedule. It can be hectic these days trying to find the time to squeeze in a workout, but it is something that you obviously wanted to do once upon a time. The best way to stick with your fitness routine is to physically set aside a certain time to workout and make sure that you can not find an excuse to skip out on it.
- Take before and after pictures. I know what you are thinking, but no one has to see them. You can keep them for yourself as an excellent way to see how far you have progressed and how much you have achieved. It can be hard for us to see our results by looking in the mirror day after day, but if you have documented picture evidence, it will be hard to deny that you are making progress.
- Reward yourself. Do not be afraid to recognize all the good that has come from your new healthy lifestyle. You deserve a reward every now and then to recognize all your hard work, but you need to try to stay away from rewards that involve food. You could inadvertently undo all of your hard work if you start to binge on all the wrong foods. Try to reward yourself with non food treats such as spa days, a new outfit, a girls night out or some new workout clothes.
- Join an online fitness community. These days many of our lives seem to revolve around the internet, so why not use the internet as a tool to achieve our goals? There are many online communities out there that will help you track your workouts and introduce you to others that have the same goals as you do. You can keep track of your fitness minutes, your measurements, what you eat and how much weight you have lost. By seeing these numbers and getting the encouragement of others, you may find it easier to stick with your workout schedule.
- Revisit your goals. You need to remember why you started in the first place. There was something that motivated you to start working out, and it should still be important to you. So, take the time needed to reevaluate why you wanted to start working out in the first place to help you find the motivation needed to achieve these goals.
It may be easy to start your new fitness routine, but you may soon discover that it is not that easy sticking to it. There are so many demands in our lives that we may become easily distracted and forget about our fitness goals, but we need to learn to recognize these down times and look for those creative techniques that will help us reenergize our workouts and maintain our fitness motivation.
Contact Information1434 Keystone Way
Carmel, Indiana 46032
Hours of Operation
|Monday||8:00am - 1:30pm||3:30pm - 8:00pm|
|Tuesday||6:00am - 1:30pm||3:30pm - 8:00pm|
|Wednesday||8:00am - 1:30pm||3:30pm - 8:00pm|
|Thursday||6:00am - 1:30pm||3:30pm - 8:00pm|
|Friday||8:00am - 1:30pm||3:30pm - 5:30pm|
|Saturday||8:00am - 12:00pm|
Whats Included With Your Membership
Because our workout changes every day, you will have a trainer to instruct and motivate you throughout each and every workout.
Heart Rate Technology
9Round provides you with the most advanced heart rate training program in the world. - *At participating locations
You will receive 9Round Gloves, which will allow you to hit as hard as you want without the risk of injury.
You will also have access to our 9Round Nutrition Guide written by Dr. Rick Kattouf. You will learn the 4 principles that will help you burn body fat and build lean muscle.
You will also receive 9Round Hand Wraps for wrist support and comfort. Don't worry, our trainers will teach you how to wrap your hands in no-time.
Got a nutrition question? You will receive direct access to Dr. Kattouf through the Online 9Round Nutrition Forum to get the answers you need.
The 9Round Difference
We know that time is money. That's why the convenience of a circuit is so important. You start your workout whenever you want - morning, afternoon, or evening. Each of the 9 rounds are different, challenging, and fun. From learning how to jump rope to hitting the speed bag, you will never get bored. The 30 minutes will be over before you know it.
Our members can't stop saying, "This is the Best workout I have ever had." That's because you will work every muscle in your body simultaneously, with no complicated machines or silly aerobic routines.
9Round™ is a specialized fitness center dedicated to serving clients who want a unique, fun, and proven workout that guarantees results. 9Round™ offers traditional "old school" boxing and kickboxing fitness programs that incorporates functional, interval, cardiovascular, and circuit training regimens. The programs are developed around a proprietary system of 9 challenging workout stations developed by a professional fighter. 9Round™ delivers total body results in a quick and convenient 30 minute workout with no class times and a trainer with you every step of the way.
Heart Rate Technologies
9Round takes your workout and fitness to the next level with the most advanced heart rate training program in the world. Keeping your heart rate in the correct "FAT Burning Zone" is critical to getting the results you want. With our screens inside the clubs you will get instant feedback on whether you need to work harder or slow down. You will also receive MEP's for each minute you are in zone.
what are meps?
MYZONE Effort Points(MEPs) are a new metric for measuring physical activity. MEPs accumulate for every minute of activity that a user spends in the 5 effort(intensity) zones based on one's individual maximum heart rate. The more effort that is put in, the more MYZONE Effort points are earned.
Every user receives their own cloud based account where all activity is automatically uploaded acting as an online log book of all physical activity.
Want more information?Download our brochure
Get in touch
To get more information about 9Round, please complete the form below