21 DAY CHALLENGE CONTEST RULES
Aug 6, 2020
9ROUND 21-DAY CHALLENGE CONTEST
Official Terms and Conditions
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW AND OUTSIDE California. The 21-DAY CHALLENGE Contest (the “The Contest”) begins August 24, 2020, at 6:00 a.m.PT and ends September 13, 2020, at 8:00 p.m. PDT (the “Contest Period”). THIS CONTEST IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED, ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH FACEBOOK, INC. OR INSTAGRAM, INC.
- SPONSOR: This Contest is sponsored by LCAZ Holdings, Inc. d/b/a 9Round Hueneme and 9Round Camarillo a franchisee of 9Round Franchising, LLC, with an address at 2380 D Las Posas Rd., Camarillo, CA 93010 (“Sponsor”).
The Contest is open only to members belonging to Sponsor’s 9Round location who have legal residence in California who are at least eighteen (18) years of age or the age of majority in California, whichever is older, as of the start of the Contest Period (individually, an “Entrant” or a “Member, together, “Entrants” or “Members.”). To maintain eligibility, Member’s 9Round membership must be active and fully paid up at all times during the Contest up to and through, if applicable, winner verification and prize award.
Employees, officers, and directors of Sponsor or its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, representatives, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, advertising, public relations, promotional, fulfillment, and marketing agencies, website providers, webmasters, (collectively, the “Contest Entities”) and members of their immediate families (spouses, parents, siblings and children, regardless of where they live), and those living in the same household are not eligible to enter or win. Sponsor reserves the right to verify the eligibility of winners. Participation constitutes Entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and to Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest.
- HOW TO ENTER. Enter the Contest by completing the 21-Day Challenge at Sponsor’s 9Round club during the Contest Period.
You will take all further acts necessary to effectuate the intent of these Rules, including, without limitation, executing and delivering to Sponsor, all such agreements, contracts and any other documents to confirm Sponsor’s ownership of the entries. Sponsor reserves the right to, and at its sole discretion may, reject any entry for failure to comply with these entry requirements and/or the Rules.
Any attempt by any Entrant to obtain more than the permitted number of entries by using multiple and/or different identities, forms, registrations, addresses or any other method will void all of that Entrant’s entries and that Entrant may be disqualified at Sponsor’s discretion. Normal Internet, phone and usage charges imposed by your online or phone service may apply. Incomplete, illegible, corrupted, or untimely entries are void and will be disqualified. Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, stolen, misdirected, or illegible entries; lost, interrupted, or unavailable network, server, or other connections; or miscommunications, computer or software malfunctions, telephone transmission problems, technical failures, garbled transmissions, damage to a user’s computer equipment (software or hardware), or other errors or malfunctions of any kind, whether human, mechanical, electronic or otherwise. Proof of sending or submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant or participant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, Internet service provider, or other organization (which may include an employer) responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. Entries specifying an invalid, non-working, or inactive email address will be disqualified and ineligible to win.
- SELECTION OF WINNER(S): At the close of the Contest Period, Sponsor will determine the winning Entrant with the most weight lost, the most inches lost, and /or the most number of reps in challenge exercises.
Each potential winner(s) will be announced on or about September 14, 2020 via Email and Social Media. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. If a potential winner does not respond within seventy-two (72) hours after the first attempt to notify him/her that he/she has been selected to receive a prize, that potential winner will be deemed to have forfeited the prize, and the next highest Entrant will be selected as an alternate potential winner in his/her place. If a potential winner cannot be contacted by email, or if he/she fails to respond to the potential winner notification within seventy-two (72) hours, or sign and return any documentation that Sponsor may require within any time period that Sponsor may specify or in the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will select the next highest Entrant as the alternate potential winner. Any alternate potential winner will also have seventy-two (72) hours to claim the prize, and must satisfy all eligibility requirements. Time permitting, Sponsor will make two (2) attempts to select alternate winners, after which any remaining prizes will remain un-awarded.
POTENTIAL WINNERS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE CONTEST. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT’S ELIGIBILITY HAS BEEN VERIFIED AND ENTRANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE.
- PRIZE. Sponsor will award ONE prize (the “Prize”) per winner. Winners will be determined from eligible entries, as specified above, to each receive a Prize selected from the following:
One (1) pair of 9Round-branded hand wraps; color and style to be selected by 9Round club;
Cash prize equal to or less than $100;
Free Club membership for 1 month;
One (1) pair of 9Round-branded gloves; color and style to be selected by 9Round club;
One (1) 9Round apparel item; color and style to be selected by 9Round; or
One (1) 9Round-branded supplement to be selected by 9Round club.
Total Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of Prize is $100.
- PRIZE RESTRICTIONS: Any and all applicable federal, state, and local taxes and all fees and expenses related to acceptance and use of prize not specifically stated herein are the responsibility solely of the winner. Prize cannot be substituted, assigned, transferred, or redeemed for cash; however, Sponsor reserves the right to make equivalent prize substitutions at its sole discretion. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prizes or components of a prize(s). Prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or offer. Only the number of prizes stated in these Official Rules is available to be won in the Contest. If by reason of a print or other error, more prizes are claimed than the number set forth in these Official Rules, an alternate winner will be selected in accordance with the winner selection method described above from among all eligible claimants making purportedly valid claims to award the advertised number of prizes available.
SPONSOR SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY FOR ANY PERSONAL INJURIES, DEATH, PROPERTY DAMAGE, OR OTHER DAMAGES OR EXPENSES RESULTING FROM OR ARISING OUT OF ANY USE OF ACCEPTANCE OR USE OF THE PRIZE.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS: Void where prohibited by law and outside the United States. WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS CONTEST OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW, AND, SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO PROSECUTE AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be attempting to tamper with or undermine the entry process, the website, and/or the legitimate operation of the Contest; to violate the Official Rules; or to act in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person. Sponsor and its agents are not responsible for (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus or bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor, which corrupt or affect the operation, administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, void any suspect entries and (a) modify the Contest or suspend the Contest to address the impairment and then resume the Contest in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; and/or (b) award the prize from among the eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time of the impairment in accordance with the winner selection criteria described above.
- PUBLICITY; LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASES: BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS CONTEST, ENTRANT AGREES THAT SPONSOR, SPONSOR’S FRANCHISOR, FACEBOOK, INC., AND/OR INSTAGRAM, INC. AND ITS/THEIR PARENT COMPANY[IES], AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, REPRESENTATIVES, CONSULTANTS, CONTRACTORS, LEGAL COUNSEL, ADVERTISING, PUBLIC RELATIONS, PROMOTIONAL, FULFILLMENT AND MARKETING, WEBSITE PROVIDERS, WEBMASTERS, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES, AND AGENTS (THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS BY ENTRANTS AGAINST, ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURIES, LOSSES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS, INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH, OR PROPERTY RESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE, OR USE OF THE PRIZE, ENTRY OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST OR IN ANY CONTEST RELATED ACTIVITY, OR ANY CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION OR INVASION OF PRIVACY, OR MERCHANDISE DELIVERY. THE RELEASED PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE IF ANY PRIZE CANNOT BE AWARDED DUE TO CANCELLATIONS, DELAYS, OR INTERRUPTIONS DUE TO ACTS OF GOD, ACTS OF WAR, NATURAL DISASTERS, WEATHER, OR TERRORISM. BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS CONTEST, ENTRANT AGREES THAT THE RELEASED PARTIES WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY INJURIES, DAMAGES, OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES TO PERSONS, INCLUDING DEATH, OR TO PROPERTY ARISING OUT OF ACCESS TO AND USE OF ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS CONTEST OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM SUCH SITE.
EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW, PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST CONSTITUTES ENTRANT’S GRANT TO SPONSOR (WHICH GRANT WILL BE CONFIRMED IN WRITING ON REQUEST OF SPONSOR), AND THE RELEASED PARTIES THE RIGHT AND PERMISSION TO PRINT, PUBLISH, BROADCAST, AND USE, WORLD WIDE IN ANY MEDIA NOW KNOWN OR HEREAFTER DEVELOPED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WORLD WIDE WEB, AT ANY TIME OR TIMES, THE WINNER’S ENTRY, NAME, PORTRAIT, PICTURE, VOICE, LIKENESS, OPINIONS AND BIOGRAPHICAL INFORMATION (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO HOMETOWN AND STATE) FOR ADVERTISING, TRADE, AND PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES (INCLUDING THE ANNOUNCEMENT OF HIS OR HER NAME ON TELEVISION OR RADIO BROADCAST) WITHOUT ADDITIONAL CONSIDERATION, COMPENSATION, PERMISSION, OR NOTIFICATION.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS CONTEST, INCLUDING EACH WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS CONTEST AND ALL PRIZES, ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY. CHECK LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
- DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, Entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the District of Central District of California or the appropriate State Court located in Los Angeles County; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses not to exceed $100, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules, which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California.
- OFFICIAL RULES; WINNERS LIST: For a copy of these Official Rules, visit the participating Sponsor location. For a list of winners, visit the participating Sponsor location.
9Round® and other logos or trademarks listed herein are trademarks of 9Round Franchising, LLC and/or other companies in the United States and other countries. All rights reserved.